HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Attend Democratic Party events.
- Support UCDP financially. Send checks to UCDP or donate online.
- Get active with your precinct and galvanize your neighbors.
- Coordinate mailing campaigns to reach voters.
- Make phone calls to inform voters during election season.
- Canvass neighborhoods with UCDP volunteers to get out the vote.
- Collect and analyze data to support our get out the vote efforts.
- Help write a newsletter or information pamphlets.
- Be an informed voter and share your ideas.
- Volunteer your other talents and resources.
GET INVOLVED WITH YOUR PRECINCT
The precinct is the cornerstone of the Union County Democratic Party. Participating at the precinct level offers you opportunities for greater involvement at county, district, and state levels. Precinct leaders serve as delegates to the county convention, submit resolutions, and are eligible to vote for the leadership of the party.
Precincts are also the grassroots of the Democratic Party — local volunteers talking neighbor to neighbor, encouraging fellow Democrats and others to register and vote, results in higher voter turnout and more elections won. In fact, it’s one of the most effective tools we can use. Precinct volunteers are key to identifying inactive and/or unregistered Democrats in the neighborhood and encouraging them to vote in upcoming elections.
To find out if your precinct is organized and how to get involved, go to our precinct page or contact the UCDP office!